Post here if you have any suggestions for changes or additions to the website

Moderators: fregrin, Isolde, Roabbracca, Lemur

Postby Lemur » Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:23

I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll borrow this one: is it possible to switch our avatars and info to the left side instead of the right where they are now? Or is it in my own preferences some where? This layout keeps messing my 10+ years of forum spamming since that panel has always been on the left where I have spamm... discussed.
Lemur

Re: Main Thread list

Postby Isolde » Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:32

Lemur wrote:I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll borrow this one: is it possible to switch our avatars and info to the left side instead of the right where they are now? Or is it in my own preferences some where? This layout keeps messing my 10+ years of forum spamming since that panel has always been on the left where I have spamm... discussed.

Actually I am quite confused too, but didn't want to talk about it yet, feeling rather stuck in my habits. Also could it be that we can opt for different, how is that called again, skins? This one is a bit fancy pansy, especially after the really clean cut forum (ok, completely stripped forum) we had.
Isolde

Postby Insidious » Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:33

Lemur wrote:I don't want to start a new thread, so I'll borrow this one: is it possible to switch our avatars and info to the left side instead of the right where they are now? Or is it in my own preferences some where? This layout keeps messing my 10+ years of forum spamming since that panel has always been on the left where I have spamm... discussed.

Yes it may be possible ... but will need some code changes, so if you think it's really critical then I'll put it on my to-do list. Personally, I'm not sure why the avatar position interferes with your ability to spam, as I think you could do that with your eyes closed !! :D

Currently I'm trying to add a new section which shows the latest posts, like we had on the old site, so that's taking up all my development time atm.
Insidious
Site Admin

Re: Avatar Position

Postby Lemur » Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:40

Ok, cool. Thanks for the fast answer. And no worries, I'll get used to it. Kinda like coming to UK and driving a car on the other side than all the previous life :P
Lemur

Postby Insidious » Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:47

Isolde wrote:

Actually I am quite confused too, but didn't want to talk about it yet, feeling rather stuck in my habits. Also could it be that we can opt for different, how is that called again, skins? This one is a bit fancy pansy, especially after the really clean cut forum (ok, completely stripped forum) we had.

Yes, there are some "plain" skins available but they still contain the same basic functionality. I can activate the Prosilver skin if you want it, but I can't really devote any time to making sure the appearance keeps in step with the main skin. Obviously the forum posts will be in step. An example of the basic Prosilver layout is shown below:

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/prosilver
Insidious
Site Admin

Postby Isolde » Sun Dec 04, 2011 16:28

It doesn't have any priorities from my side tbh. I am just checking the possibilities and crossing my fingers at the same time that it doesn't cause you too much extra work. You know what? Let me get back to you after the main job is done, so in a year or so. Deal?
Isolde

Postby Kleli » Mon Dec 05, 2011 16:26

Yeah, it's kind of weird with the avatars on the wrong side :shock: However I think I can survive the current layout :P
Kleli

Postby Lorelei » Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:20

It's.... awkward. We can get used to it I suppose.

Great job on the revamp. :)
Lorelei

Postby Iceena » Mon Dec 05, 2011 23:53

I like it on the right...I like weird and unnatural things...so I find it comforting.
Iceena

Postby Sayuke » Tue Dec 06, 2011 14:43

Iceena wrote:I like it on the right...I like weird and unnatural things...so I find it comforting.

Pervert.
Sayuke

Postby Iceena » Tue Dec 06, 2011 15:36

I would protest...but it's true! :lol:
Iceena

Postby fregrin » Tue Dec 06, 2011 15:53

I to prefer on the right side i can read the post easier then look to the profile if i so need to. Its out of the way, overall these boards give much more functionality then old phpnuke (shudder).
fregrin

Postby Sayuke » Tue Dec 06, 2011 22:09

I couldn't give a fuck either way, so I vote for leaving it as it is, as presumably this is less work.
Sayuke

Re: Avatar Position - Forum Skins

Postby Insidious » Wed Dec 07, 2011 00:13

Isolde wrote:It doesn't have any priorities from my side tbh. I am just checking the possibilities and crossing my fingers at the same time that it doesn't cause you too much extra work. You know what? Let me get back to you after the main job is done, so in a year or so. Deal?

I've now added two new forum styles, which are a lot less "fancy":

1) prosilver (avatars on the right and has the new "Latest 5 forum posts" section)

see example here --> http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/prosilver

2) subsilver2 (avatars on the left but it doesn't have the "Latest 5 forum posts" section).

see example here --> http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2

Both are a little too plain for my liking and they don't have any nice pictures or backgrounds. However this does give people more personal choice for the appearance of the forums.

You can change the forum skin via User Control Panel > Board preferences > My board style.

Hopefully both skins should function OK - let me know if you have any issues.
Insidious
Site Admin

Postby Isolde » Wed Dec 07, 2011 06:03

Insidious, you are really sweet!
Isolde

Next

Return to Website Suggestions