Early Game Access

Post here for general discussions on gameplay and character creation in The Old Republic

Moderators: fregrin, Isolde, Roabbracca, Lemur

Early Game Access

Postby fregrin » Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:13

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.
fregrin

Re: Early Game Access

Postby ImmortalOne » Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:21

Yup, got the mail also
Will stalk my mailbox again from the 13th on
ImmortalOne

Postby Insidious » Wed Dec 07, 2011 23:41

The details are on the official site now:

SWTOR wrote:Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

Link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=11917459#post11917459
Insidious
Site Admin

Postby Lorelei » Thu Dec 08, 2011 00:59

any of you deleting your old install?

Bioware says we must uninstall it, then use the link in the new email to install a fresh copy.

I'm not going to do that.
Lorelei

Postby Insidious » Thu Dec 08, 2011 01:09

If you have played in the game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game.

Link http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=714124

SWTOR wrote:In preparation for the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct game client installed on their machine.

If you participated in our Game Testing Program before November 25th, we recommend that you uninstall the game testing client (refer to instructions below) and then download and install the launch game client. We’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available. You will need 27GB of free space to install the launch game client. The actual size of the game client is approximately 19GB (without additional languages installed).

If you have played in our game testing program at any point from November 25th onwards, you will not need to re-install the game client, as you should already have the launch version installed.

To verify that you have the launch version installed, you can check for the "assets_swtor_main" version file in the following location on your computer: \Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic (assuming default installation). If you have that file present, you do not need to reinstall the game client.

With that said, some users may notice that their game client folder is much larger than 27 GB on their system. This may be due to having redundant files from previous versions of the client. If you need to clear up space, we recommend completely uninstalling the client and downloading and installing the launch game client. Again, we’ll update this post with more instructions when they’re available.

To Uninstall the Game Client:
Click on the Start bar and open up your "Control Panel."
Under "Programs" select "Uninstall a Program" (Windows 7) or "Add or Remove Programs" (Windows XP).
Select "Star Wars – The Old Republic."
Right Click on the title and select "Uninstall" (Windows 7) or "Remove" (Windows XP).
Follow all the uninstall steps to remove the game from the PC.
Make sure the following directories no longer exists (or are empty):
-C:\Program Files (x86)\EA\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic
-C:\Program Files (x86)\BioWare\Star Wars – The Old Republic

Note: If you do not see an entry for Star Wars – The Old Republic in your program list, please try the following...
Click on the Start bar and open up Computer.
Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\BioWare\
Locate the "Uninstall Star Wars – The Old Republic.exe" file and launch it.
Follow all the uninstall steps, listed above, to remove the game from the PC. .
Insidious
Site Admin

Postby Lorelei » Thu Dec 08, 2011 09:41

^^^

thanks! :D
Lorelei

Postby Lemur » Thu Dec 08, 2011 13:04

I left my PC downloading when leaving for work. I had allready uninstalled beta.
Lemur

Postby Sayuke » Thu Dec 08, 2011 14:36

I let it update last night, having played in the most recent beta. It took about 5 minutes, there was only about 20Mb of new downloads.
Sayuke

Postby Iceena » Thu Dec 08, 2011 16:11

I keep checking it every day, in case they accidentally open it up, and I can get on! :lol: Can't blame a guy for dreaming! :lol:
Iceena

Postby Kleli » Thu Dec 08, 2011 19:12

Iceena wrote:I keep checking it every day, in case they accidentally open it up, and I can get on! :lol: Can't blame a guy for dreaming! :lol:

You're not alone :oops: :lol:
Kleli

Postby fregrin » Thu Dec 08, 2011 19:33

gawd try explain 13yr old with difficulties that might not get access on 12th sigh...
fregrin

Postby ImmortalOne » Thu Dec 08, 2011 19:47

Tell the 13 year old it should be lucky if it get's to play on the 19th
That should crush it's hopes and get it off your back*

*disclaimer : I'm not very good when it comes to children
ImmortalOne

Postby Lemur » Thu Dec 08, 2011 20:38

Official TOR forums are full of people who are mad at Bioware allready. They all postponed their weddings, moved invasion of countries, backed out for Mars flight etc. just to play Early Access on 15th.
Lemur

Postby Sayuke » Fri Dec 09, 2011 14:58

ImmortalOne wrote:Tell the 13 year old it should be lucky if it get's to play on the 19th
That should crush it's hopes and get it off your back*

*disclaimer : I'm not very good when it comes to children

Don't cut corners, use duct tape rather than sellotape.
Sayuke

Postby Iceena » Fri Dec 09, 2011 17:03

Am loving today's email from Game, on about the Epic size of the collector's edition, and how it's going to due to reach us by 15th, thus. it's being processed and sent out before the 15th. I was kinda getting concerned and worried it wouldn't be here on time, but seems like they're taking the sensible plunge and sending em all out was before the 20th. Good move! :D
Iceena

Next

Return to The Old Republic - General Gameplay